Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Almost Over

Like most people in Philadelphia, I can't believe summer is almost over. The past two days have been a cool glimpse of weather-to-come and I'm missing the heat already. I have to say though, it was a very summery summer. Just for fun, I've put together a little bundle of things that helped make my August a special one:



1. GORGONZOLA DOLCE I've mentioned this cheese in my last post, but I think it deserves repeating: gorgonzola cheese. From Downtown Cheese at Reading Terminal Market.

2. JULIA CHILD My grandmother came to visit a few weeks ago and she, my mom, and I went to see Julie&Julia, and then the three of us spent the rest of her visit talking about food, haha. Julia Child's story is so enchanted, I really recommend it! I also watched a whole episode of The French Chef where she handled raw chickens the entire time...what a lady!

3. STRIPED SHIRTDRESS Bought this on a whim, and boy do I love it! (No, that's not my body, haha.) From Target.

4. GOLD AVIATORS I actually bought these a few months ago, but I just recently was reunited with them. I happen to really like aviators.

5. GLADIATOR SANDALS Wore these at the beach all week. Strike that, wore these at the beach when I left the rental house, and therefore could no longer acceptably be barefoot. Speaking of barefoot, I bought these at BareFeet.

6. Tomato Gorgonzola Soup Yeah, I really like gorgonzola. I also like tomatoes, which is why I wanted to make a tomato soup from scratch with the homegrown tomatoes my parents gave me. I'd share a recipe, but guess what? I totally improvised! Maybe I'll type it up someday.

7. HOTEL LORRAINE After much deliberation, I bought this postcard at a stamp show I went to last weekend. It was a little pricey for a postcard, but the Divine Lorraine is 10 blocks west on the street I live on, and I'm completely obsessed with old buildings. Worth it.

8. TAX STAMPS Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I got two others at the stamp show, but this is the only one that matched my color scheme perfectly. Which, by the way, I didn't alter or pick-and-choose accordingly, it really just turned out like this! So summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment